I have this PDF that I have converted the fonts to outlines but when I open it in Illustrator I still get a missing font error. Everything looks to check out in Acrobat. Before I apply convert to outlines, under Document Properties>Fonts, there are fonts listed. And after I apply convert to outlines there are no fonts listed. So I'm not sure why I'm getting this error in Illustrator. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Here's a little workaround that works in the newest version of Acrobat. You basically "trick" the program into outlining fonts you don't have installed on your computer by adding a transparent watermark before creating outlines through the flattener preview.
- Navigate to Tools > Edit PDF > Add Watermark:
- In the Add Watermark options panel, add watermark text (anything you'd like), change the position of the watermark so it doesn't interfere with any of the graphics you want to keep, and change the opacity of the watermark to 0%:
- Navigate to Tools > Print Production > Flattener Preview:
- In the Flattener Preview options panel tick the Convert All Text to Outlines box, click Apply, and then click Ok:
- Save the PDF and open in Illustrator:
^ In outline mode, you can see that the watermark text is still present. Just select and delete the watermark, save, and you should be all set.