Trying to achieve something like this text treatment, but not sure where to start.

enter image description here


1 Answer 1


You can use a displacement map in Photoshop.

All you need is a greyscale image to use for the displacement; which you need to save as a PSD in greyscale mode (Image → Mode → Grayscale). Then go to Filter → Distort → Displace... on the layer you want to distort, hit OK and choose your displacement image PSD.

Take this quick example:

enter image description here

With this as a displacement map:

enter image description here

Which gives us this:

enter image description here


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.