I'm looking to recreate this effect in Illustrator but cannot find the right tool to do the job. Any help in the right direction is appreciated. Thanks.

enter image description here

  • Draw a circle
  • Duplicate it
  • use the Pathfinder Panel to intersect them
  • Reflect a copy
  • Draw a rectangle over the part you want removed.
  • Use the Shape Builder Tool (holding down the Option/Alt key) to remove what you don't want, then without Option/alt to join the other parts.

enter image description here

| improve this answer | |
  • Create a circle
  • Make a copy and offset to the right
  • Pathfinder > Minus front
  • Delete the lower anchor with the Direct Selection Tool (A)
  • Make it green
  • Duplicate the green shape, flip it around and position as needed

enter image description here

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.