I'm trying to recreate this shape(s) in illustrator and am not sure how it was done. I came up with a similar effect using the blend tool and it works fine for the project I'm working on but am really curious to know how this was done.

enter image description here

1 Answer 1

  • Create a round cornered rectangle (white in this case).
  • Go to Effect > Blur > Gaussian Blur... and apply some blur (you can also do this via fx in the appearance palette).
  • Reduce the opacity of the blurred rectangle (you can do this in the appearance panel or the transparency panel).

The exact parameters and values will require some experimentation.

  • Of course! Thats perfect. Thanks for the reply :)
    – veighcait
    Mar 7, 2017 at 17:06

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.