For a hobby gamedev project I'm looking for a way to automate the following workflow, can be in any photo/image editing tool.
- load a high resolution image
- make multiple selections
- give each selection a name
- export each selection to a separate PNG file (with the name)
- export coordinates of selections to textfile (name = x,y,h,w)
- save image with selections for later use or re-export
So in short, take a highres image, make multiple selections and then export each selection to a separate PNG file, while also exporting a list of the selections coordinates to a text file. See what I mean in the mock up image below:
I'm doing all these steps by hand now and most the images have 70-80 parts. Whenever there is a mistake, image updates, changes in resolution etc. I have to redo large parts or even the whole thing, even though the selections are roughly the same.