I've been seeing this "style" of minimalist icon more and more, with that "shadow" on the bottom right. Is there a specific name for this? Thanks.



It's modeled after the Google Material Design guidelines.

To me.. it's quickly becoming an overused trend, but then almost all "trends" get overused.


That style of icon design, and specifically the shadow is called “long shadow”. You can find lots of examples on Dribbble and in other places.


If you're looking for stock imagery, search for "flat + long shadow icon".

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.