Someone know where we can find or style name of this typefaces with slanted e?

enter image description here

  • 4
    Since that is a logo, I would very much assume that "e" was slanted manually – Cai May 4 '17 at 8:46
  • yes, but some typefaces come with letters already slanted – bookaka May 4 '17 at 8:53
  • there are some, but there's no specific category name if that's what you're asking – Lucian May 4 '17 at 10:15
  • Walter Tracy's famous book on fonts Letters of Credit calls it a lazy way to make a font distinctive, incidentally. I certainly don't think it looks good in extended text. – Copilot Oct 1 '17 at 22:38

I agree with @Cai that this is VERY likely a completely custom logo-type.

However ITC Kabel has a tilted e:

enter image description here

As does the free New Republic:

enter image description here

It's worth mentioning I think that the one-stop shop to duplicating that logo looks to be some kind of Helvetica bold, and a rotated e! In fact I just searched and this turned up Lenovo Font - Might be worth a try?

You cannot fault Saatchi and Saatchi for the work they put in rotating that e ;)

  • Thanks for the edit @Cai I'll include screen-grabs in future, very useful :) – mayersdesign May 4 '17 at 10:20
  • 1
    No problem, yeh it's best to include some screenshots with font recommendations if you can – Cai May 4 '17 at 10:24
  • thank you @mayersdesign. that's right. well, i any case seems very interesting if the Foundries categorize this kind of style on typeface – bookaka May 4 '17 at 21:47

Poiret One has a beautiful slanted "e". I found it in Google Fonts.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.