The above is the wanted effect, Please help me out!
Right click the image layer in the layers panel, and choose Duplicate Layer or use CTRL+J (Windows) or Command+J (Mac). Make the new layer Black and White by clicking
Black and White. You might also wish to decrease the Brightness/Contrast a little - it's in the same
Adjustments section of the menu.
Make polygonal selections of the black and white image with the Polygonal Lasso tool, then Copy and Paste these selections as new layers. Hide the black and white layer by clicking the eye icon in the layers panel.
Next, rescale the various polygonal shapes just a little by using CTRL+T to transform them. Use Command+T if you are using Mac.
you can also do it like this...
- Open your image or use existing psd comp.
- Duplicate your layer that you wish to apply this polygon shatter effect to
- On the duplicated layer, apply the black and white effect you desire using either of these methods...
top menu > image > adjustments > black and white3.2
top menu > image > adjustments > hue and saturation(take saturation right down to kill the color then adjust the
levelsto enhance the light and darks 3.3.
top menu > image > adjustments > gradient map(set the gradient colors to be black and white)
- Now you have a duplicated Layer 1 copy layer with the black and white style you desire...
- Still on Layer 1 copy go to
top menu > layer > vector mask > hide all...
- Now select the
Pen Toolfrom the tools menu
- And click the
Pen Toolon the vector mask to create points, which you can then begin to draw polygon or triangle shapes...
- Now hit
command (or ctrl) + Tor go
top menu > edit > free transform
- Now you can move or drag Layer 1 copy around and also subtly increase or decrease the size by dragging the corners whilst holding
shiftkey then hitting
And then duplicate this layer (right click on layer), and delete the layer mask by right clicking on the mask
- Then repeat the process from Step 5