I tried to copy and paste forward each one of the hexagon strokes with a gradient, but that didn't work.
This will give you a flat color version:
- Create one hexagon
- Ctrl+C copies it to clipboard
- Ctrl+F duplicates the shape (aka. Paste in Place)
- scale up either one of these 2 hexagons until it looks right
- Ctrl+A selects both shapes
- Go to 'Object → Blend → Blend Options' and choose 10 Specified Steps (or as many as you want in between)
- Ctrl+Alt+B makes the blend
- then play with the Stroke Weight and/or adjust each of the hexagons' size
If you're looking for actual gradients to be applied for each of the 6 resulting 'sections':
- Ctrl+A selects all
- Go to 'Object → Expand → OK'
- Go to 'Object → Path → Outline Stroke'
- Reduce the shape to a single triangle, duplicate, rotate, reposition.