I hate when I repeat this task on every Branding project...Copying the colors' values, is there a plugin or an easiest way to export all color values (Spot, CMYK and RGB) to text from the color palette?
In Adobe apps, yes....
Using the menu from the Swatches Panel you can save swatches as an .ase file (Adobe Swatch Exchange).
Then switch to another Adobe app... and from the Swatches Panel again, choose
Load Swatches, navigate to the saved .ase file and open it. The swatches will load.
- Special swatches, such as gradients and patterns, can not be transported between apps. But all solid color swatches are fine whether they are process, spot, or rgb.
- Note that with the exception if InDesign, all swatches in the Swatch Panel will be saved (other than gradients and patterns). So, if you want to limit the .ase library, remove any undesired swatches before saving as an .ase file.
If working between files in the same application you can choose
Load Swatches and just load any other file for that application.
- For example, if you ware working on
DocumentA.inddin InDesign, you can choose
Load Swatchesand select
DocumentB.inddto load the swatches from that document.
- Same is true for Illustrator... working on
Load Swatchesand pick
DocumentB.aiand all the swatches from Document B will be loaded in Document A.
- This will not work with Photoshop though.