This question already has an answer here:

Is there a term in design for the logos that mix images/symbols the same way the Coexist logo does?

enter image description here

marked as duplicate by Danielillo, Luciano, Ovaryraptor, GerardFalla, Wolff Apr 12 at 17:24

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.


Not entirely certain there's a standard term.

I tend to use Symbology or Symbolic System.

.... a set of strings of symbols together with a set of rules that are specific to it.

It's a use of symbols in a specific manner as opposed to an "alphabet" which uses formal symbols.

But again, I'm not stating this is a standard, recognized, definition by everyone.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.