What I mean is something like this, which I found on a Word document I've been asked to redesign in InDesign.
- Type in the chapter titles line by line
- Insert a Tab at the end of each line
- Type in the page numbers after the tabs
- Hit Ctrl+Alt+I which turns on the hidden characters so you can actually see the tabs in blue
- Select the entire TOC (Table of contents)
- Hit Ctrl+Shift+T. A ruler pops open which let you adjust the tabs. Click anywhere you wish to position all the tabs (red marker). This marker can be dragged with your mouse of you can adjust the position in the 'X:' field
- Make sure this marker points to the right. Select it and choose the third icon top left (under the 'Tabs' title).
- Type a '.' (dot) in the 'Leader' field
- And a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYUl0yoVEy8