I have downloaded your files and tried to import them in FontForge and encountered some problems during the process:
Extracting the files
I had some trouble extracting your svg files to my Windows 10 computer. You are using some of the restricted characters:
<>:"/\|?*. Other systems might have other restricted characters, so instead of naming your files
:.svg it would be safer to call them
colon.svg - only use letters and numbers.
First import in FontForge
Most of the files didn't have that problem though, so I tried to import the "O" in FontForge and it crashed immediately as you are experiencing.
Analysis in Illustrator
Opening some letters in Illustrator I found some issues you need to fix for FontForge to be able to import the file:
Your files have a background rectangle. It shouldn't be there.
Your files consists of lines with a 2 pt stroke. If you import lines into FontForge, make sure your font is a
Stroke Font (find it in
Element/Font Info/Layers). If it isn't the strokes will be expanded by FontForge, but your files are very complex so it seems that it can't handle the task. If you want to make an
Outline Font instead of a
Stroke Font you could manually expand all the strokes and unite the shapes in Illustrator.
It seems every line is duplicated on top of itself. You should fix that.
All the files with non-letter/non-digit names opens up in Illustrator with an
An unknown problem occurred. error and looks more eroded than the other characters. Furthermore they contain a text object, which shouldn't be there:
But the worst problem is the complexity of your design. Look at this point count:
There are 6324 points in the "O". As mentioned above, half of them are unnecessary, but 3162 points is still quite a lot. Standard fonts might use 10-100 points. After trying to fix some of the issues above, I did manage to import the "O" into FontForge, but when I tried to enter edit mode it crashed. I believe you need to find a way to drastically cut down the number of points in your design, because even if you found a way to make a font of these files the user of the font might experience problems with their application hanging because they just added 3000+ points for each character styled with the font. I like the concept of your font, but maybe it isn't so suitable for a font file. You could still use the letters in other ways.