I'm not a graphics designer, but I need some help with identifying the "effect" used on a picture. The picture I'm revering to is this one.

enter image description here

If anyone could help me naming the effect and tell me if there are any online sites that can recreate that effect with another photo.


This is simply "pixelation" (AKA "Mosaic")

Take a look at this tutorial: https://blog.123rf.com/create-3-easy-pixelation-effects-in-photoshop/

| improve this answer | |
  • 1
    Also known as "Mosaic" – joojaa Aug 1 '17 at 8:24

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.