I am new in Photoshop, I wanna turn over the corner of the gray square. first, I draw rectangular marquee tool and second, press Ctrl+T but as you can see the small squares appear in the corner of gray square instead of rectangular marquee.

enter image description here

2 Answers 2


If you want to transform the selection and not the layer itself - in other words, alter the selection not what's inside it - choose Select > Transform Selection.

The standard transform (command/Ctrl-t) always transforms the layer contents.


First, you have to control-click on your Shape 1 layer and select Rasterize Layer from the menu, then, when you'll make a selection (marquee) on that same layer, you will be able to CTRL-T (Transform) your selection, rotate or modify it the way you want.

Hope this helps!

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.