I'm attempting to have a tin made that has a gold detail. The client likes the gold on the tiwinings tin. I don't know too much about printing on tin and so far the printer has been stumped attempting to create a color/effect similar to the Twining's Tea tin gold. Obviously a digital photo is incapable of totally depicting what I'm looking for but I think this one at least shows the sparkle of the thing. And it's a pretty common product so maybe someone out there even has one in their possession. Any thoughts on how to get a similar look would be appreciated.

enter image description here

  • 1
    That's just sparkle paint. You need a printer or box/can manufacturer that uses sparkle paint. The effect is not achieved through file colors. – Webster Aug 23 '17 at 17:36
  • 1
    @Webster Repeated warning: please do not post answers in the comments. This is an upvoteable answer. – Vincent Aug 25 '17 at 9:07

This isn't so much a color as it's a metallic coating/paint.

You could try and find a manufacturer near you that has a catalog you could go through to try and find a suitable match for.

  • It can also be referred to as "metal flake" enamel. Visit any car body-shops that do painting for their opinions and expertise. – Stan Oct 27 '17 at 22:24

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.