I'm printing a document from InDesign that contains vector and raster images. My raster images print great, but my vector images are fuzzy around the edges; in some cases the edges are downright jagged.
I've gone back to Illustrator and set the Document Raster Effect Settings to have the Anti-alias checked. I double checked that the resolution was also set to high. I've tried setting my InDesign print graphic settings to All.
Nothing has worked, my vector images (imported to InDesign as .ai files) still print with blurry/jagged edges. Please help!!!
Edit from original Post:
I've tested a few new things.
- Printing the vector images from Illustrator - they turn out great
- Creating a new document in InDesign and re-importing the .ai files - still print poorly
- Co-worker printed one of the .ai files from InDesign on his computer - turned out good
- Exporting the InDesign file as a PDF and printing that - the images turn out great
- Turning all the vector images to PNGs - the images turn out great
With the last 2 things I tried, I have a work around, but am still puzzled why this is happening. It'd be nice to figure this out for future projects. Could my InDesign program be corrupted?