I seldom modify pictures, so I don't use the software very often.

Last year, I modified a picture by only applying a GIMP filter on it but I cannot remember which filter I applied at the time nor the settings.

Here is the original image enter image description here Here is the modified image enter image description here

If you could direct me to the proper filter that would be nice. If you're able to give me the settings, you're the man :)

I've already looked on this page and I can't figure out which one I've used.

1 Answer 1


It looks a bit like the G'MIC Multi-Layer Etch, in the Black and White filters section in G'MIC. Sorry can't be sure of the exact settings - I'm sure you can experiment

But here's the example using that filter: enter image description here

  • It looks like it was the applied filter. I'll try different settings to see what is the closest I can get to what I already got. Thanks.
    – A.D.
    Sep 2, 2017 at 14:28

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.