I am looking to make this Hanzi stroke animator, which has JSON data such as this, work for any language (as of now, Tibetan, Devanagari, and Tamil). Basically I want to show an animation of how to draw the character.
What is the recommended workflow for doing this for a given script?
- Find a font you would like represented in the animation.
- Learn the stroke pattern for each glyph from some website.
- Edit each font glyph to have strokes be separated somehow?
- Export each glyph as SVG?
- Take SVG paths and convert to JSON, and then plug into the Hanzi animator. (I can probably do this, but probably not the other steps as I don't know much about fonts as a software engineer).
Is this a good workflow? Any edge cases I need to be aware of? Tangent question, how hard would it be for a font designer to make it so each glyph was divided into the proper strokes, assuming they aren't super familiar with each script (Devanagari, Tibetan, etc.)? Is that a hard process, or easy?