As for the title, is there a trackball with pressure feature for brushes in Photoshop? Many years ago I used a trackball in CAD/CAM software and now I'd like to use it in Photoshop retouching but I'love the pressure feature of a tablet.


maybe is the wrong place to ask, but I just want to know if there is a trackball compatible with the configurations "shape dynamics 'or' color dynamics" for pressure-sensitive brushes in Photoshop as with graphic-tablets. Excuse my broken English, but more than that I can not explain ;)


1 Answer 1


To answer the question, I don't believe that this exists.

I can't find anything about pressure sensitive trackballs. Unfortunately if you want an input that is pressure sensitive then tablets are probably the best way to go.

The only thing I could think of is trying to use a trackball and a tablet simultaneously (using the pen for pressure, and the trackball for movement). But I have no idea if that will really work. Or maybe there's something else that can simulate pressure while using the trackball.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.