I'd like to know how this beautiful "letter image" I found on web was done:

enter image description here

I have attempted with Photoshop CS6 using two Layers and a nice texture to achieve the text, but the result is approximate.

If somebody is so kind to explain to me in detail how organize only the layers (no background)?

  • 3
    Hello Sibylla, welcome to GD.SE and thanks for your question. Please include an image of your attempts and where you get stuck. We are visual people here. Also, pleas try and focus your question on a single issue that can be answered in a few paragraphs. If an article or a book could be written about your question's answer, it's most probably too broad and will be closed as such. If you have any questions, please have a look at the help center. Don't be discouraged, we're a nice bunch here. Keep contributing and enjoy the site! – Vincent Jun 13 '17 at 8:33

I would say that this is made using the 3D option in Photoshop CS6 extended or Photoshop CC. Try to look for similar design tutorials on the web, working with "3D option" maybe they will bring you closer to you goal. GL

| improve this answer | |

enter image description here I tried and got this far, it's close but not perfect.

Use the blending mode, add texture color and inner shadows. Now use the bevel and embross, keep depth and soften at 1, use size according to the font size.

Now you will have to experiment with the rest of it. On the shading menu, push highlights:100 shadow:0, change gloss-contours and angles. Goto contour menu and play with the settings. I'm not an expert and not sure how the contours work, and this is as close as i could get. Also you can duplicate the layer, change fill to 0% and hide pattern/shadow/color,etc. except Bevel and embross, and make a few changes to its setting. This will give you an extra layer of gloss on the text.

Hope this helps.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.