I'd like to create a bulge in a section of text that makes it looks like a sphere is pushing through. The below image is kind of what I'm going for. I would really appreciate any help on this.
Option 1 . . . Non-Destructive
- Set your lines of text
- Select all the text as an object using the Selection Tool
Object > Envelope Distort > Make with Meshfrom the menu
- Enter 2 Rows and 2 Columns for the Mesh options
- Select only the center anchor point of the mesh, and click
- Double-click the Scale Tool in the Toolbar and enter a value greater than 100% in the
Previewto see it change.)
This leaves the text live. So if you need to then edit the text, simply select the object with the Selection Tool and choose
Object > Envelope Distort > Edit Contents and you can change the text.
Option 2 . . . Destructive
This method is more of a "trial and error" method. Often it takes a few attempt to get something you like. This isn't as precise as using the envelope and scale option.
- Set the text
Type > Create Outlinesto, well, create outlines of the text
- Select the Bloat Tool
- Double-click the Bloat Tool in the Toolbar to adjust its' options. You may need to do this a couple times until you get the hang of what the options are doing.
- Click on the text. Again, you may need to
Undoand then try again a few times to get what you are after.
Sorry, can't add pictures now so i'll try to describe in words:
- Turn the text to outlines.
- Draw a square in the size of part that you want to bulge.
- Select text and square and use "divide" in the pathfinder window.
- Then select everything within the Square and use the FishEye warp effect on that.