There's a gallery of The Best Advestment Advice of All Time where all of the portraits have the same effect applied. What would that be called, and how can I do something similar using Adobe Photoshop?

For example:

enter image description here

  • "Scroll down to the slide show" is horribly misleading on a page which has infinite scrolling. No idea where the slideshow is.. or what images you are referring to.
    – Scott
    Jun 23, 2014 at 20:22
  • This question isn't exactly what you're going for, but it might help point you in the right direction.
    – Brendan
    Jun 23, 2014 at 20:48
  • Sorry about that. Thanks for the tutorial by the way, it takes so much time and effort. Going to try it!
    – evil
    Jun 23, 2014 at 21:44
  • Welcome to GD.. I closed your question as a dup based ob your title because we already have a geometric shape question. If at any point you have another question regarding it please edit this with an explanation of what you're gaving issues with.
    – user9447
    Jun 24, 2014 at 0:09

1 Answer 1


Here's a tutorial on the low-poly portrait effect

  • 2
    Thanks for this but on this website we try to have self-contained answers. If that link goes dead this won't be useful. If you want to summarize what the tutorial says or leave it as a comment, that would be preferred.
    – Ryan
    Jun 23, 2014 at 20:35
  • 1
    Thanks. I don't have the ability to leave comments yet.
    – Jeff
    Jun 23, 2014 at 20:41
  • 1
    Welcome to GD!! Though your answer may help the OP please edit it to include detains about the tutorial and what is going on. We request that because if your link were ever to yo down from a dead site we will have to delete your answer and then your answer wouldnt help anyone in the future.
    – user9447
    Jun 24, 2014 at 0:04

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.