I'm creating an iOS 8 app icon in Sketch 3. For learning purposes, I've only set the color of the icon shape and I haven't added any other layers to it.
What I did:
- Create app icon from iOS template
- Remove all the sizes except for 1024x1024
- Set a nice gradient background color
- Export to 58x58 using by clicking make exportable then entering 58x58 in the size field and exporting.
- Add the icon to the far-left "window" in Xcode (Images.xcassets) in the 2x window over iPhone.
The edges of the app icon seems kind of choppy and blurred out on the phone, it isn't clear and sharp like every other icon, do you have any idea why this is and how I can fix it?