How can I recreate the texture below? I always adored these collaged paperized 'gritty, badly scanned' grainy almost fabric-ky effect on a pic.

enter image description here

  • 2
    Hi there and welcome to GDSE. It would be really helpful if you specified which application you use.
    – Wolff
    Nov 24, 2019 at 16:34
  • 1
    @Wolff it would be "mega" helpful!
    – Billy Kerr
    Nov 24, 2019 at 16:35
  • 1
    Appears to be "halftones" in Photoshop. Search this on YouTube :)
    – SKY OAK
    Nov 24, 2019 at 17:03

1 Answer 1


It appears to be a scan of a colour halftone image. These are commonly seen in newspapers, if you examine them closely enough.

Photoshop and GIMP have filters that can apply such an effect.

In Photoshop: Filter > Pixelate > Color Halftone

In GIMP: Filters > Distorts > Newsprint

  • thank you so much!! you nailed it that's exactly it!!
    – Raf Reyes
    Nov 25, 2019 at 15:16
  • @RafReyes, unless you are waiting for better answers to come up, please remember to accept the answer so other can benefit from it and Billy can get some more of his precious reputation points.
    – Wolff
    Nov 25, 2019 at 17:17

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.