I'm talking about the background of this picture. For sure It's not a simple solid blue color. Is there any specific name for it?

enter image description here

  • Sure graph or inforgraphic
    – joojaa
    Nov 27, 2022 at 17:22
  • @joojaa I believe the OP is focused on the background; the texture-like aspect Nov 27, 2022 at 19:52
  • @Arsam I think what you're referencing is a paper-like or grainy texture Nov 27, 2022 at 19:53
  • Looks like an old (somewhat cliché) "blueprint" paper to me. My understanding is that architects don't actually use that type of blueprint.. haven't for decades (like since the 40s/50s).
    – Scott
    Nov 27, 2022 at 20:29
  • @Scott it was never used as such. it was just the copying process that made them blue. the originals were still black and white. and as soon as the tech improved then the blue was out. and your timeframe is a bit off blueprints are 1840's technology
    – joojaa
    Nov 27, 2022 at 20:39

1 Answer 1


While it is difficult to see the details, the closest basic texture it looks is "Gritty", or in Illustrator or Photoshop it would be "Grain".

Take a look at an example like this. It is called Gritty Concrete Textures, and it displays how the details change as you look both horizontally and vertically. You would be able to change the size of textures without it affecting the texture because they are vectors.

Here is another example from Freepik: Grain texture

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.