In Photoshop you can set the brush dynamics to Fade, which causes the brush to get smaller and smaller as you paint. But sometimes I'd like the brush to start out small and get larger as I paint. Is there any way to do this?


I don't believe this is possible without a drawing tablet.

| improve this answer | |

If you can draw the painting area with a pen, set your preferred brush and other dynamics. Right click on the drawn path, then select Stroke path. In stroke option, select pen pressure.

or you could reverse the draw with fade option as you specified.

I'm not a designer, sorry i just know this much. May this help you or someone else.


| improve this answer | |
  • If you draw a path you may need to remove half of the path, since the shape is like convex. You may only need the first half portion. – Sen Jacob Mar 27 '12 at 16:21

You could always draw backwards.

| improve this answer | |
  • What do you mean? – Joshua Frank Mar 28 '12 at 22:37
  • If it gets smaller as you draw but you want it to get bigger, start from the end – Seany242 Mar 30 '12 at 4:49
  • Sure, but it's very hard to know where to start such that the brush is the right size when you get to the place where you want it to end. – Joshua Frank Mar 30 '12 at 10:24

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.