I need to reproduce this figure, ideally using SVG so I tried looking for online tutorials to re-create it using illustrator but I couldn't find anything remotely matching my needs, most likely because I didn't really know what to look for as a the name of this thread shows ... I don't really know what this kind of figure would be called.

Is there a general name ? If not, how would you describe it to help find an appropriate tutorial or maybe even point me directly to one describing the process to design something similar ?

Outward extending lines

  • 2
    Not everything has a specific name.
    – Scott
    Commented Dec 11, 2017 at 4:31
  • I think I poorly worded my question. AAGD answered it properly, I was really more after any way to refer to this kind of pattern than a precise name. Commented Dec 11, 2017 at 13:44

1 Answer 1


A starting point could be radial line pattern.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.