Related Question: How can I replicate this pattern in Illustrator?

Look at the background of this image, the dual-color one.


What is this kind of background called and how can I recreate it?

  • 3
    Hi spyk3iartist. Over the last couple days, you have asked multiple questions about similarly styled images and how to reproduce them. As we are not a request-a-tutorial website, please consider googling for tutorials on the specific style. There's bound to be thousands of hits on 'manga style Illustrator tutorial' or 'Photoshop animation style tutorial', or 'starburst style background tutorial' for this specific question. If you are stuck on certain parts of the process, be welcome to post those questions here. As-is, these questions are way too broad for our Q&A format. Thanks!
    – Vincent
    Commented Dec 5, 2014 at 12:15

1 Answer 1


These are called 'starburst' backgrounds, and we have a nice answer about them here.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.