enter image description here

Some more examples, taken from the Jira website:

enter image description here

I'm seeing this design alot lately, and I was wondering if there's a name for it.

  • I know a lot of designers that call pages they make in this style "infographic pages". I sometimes refer to it as icon-based web design. Not totally sure if either of those are official names though. Commented Dec 5, 2016 at 17:03
  • 6
    It's a drawing using geometric shapes and line art. Could be called icons. Could be called flat. Could be called all sorts of stuff.
    – DA01
    Commented Dec 6, 2016 at 1:56
  • I have added some more examples.
    – Jelle
    Commented Dec 6, 2016 at 8:21

3 Answers 3


It's a combination of monoweight (single stroke weight) and flat design.


Thin Line Flat Design

Into Flat Design, Google Search gives many information as Thin Line Flat Design

Thin line flat design icons by Darko Vujic at Behance

enter image description here

Thin line flat design concept banners by Graphics4u at Graphicriver

enter image description here


This illustration style is pretty popular in Material Design. You can find some examples of the style by searching "Material Design Illustration".

Here are a few examples that come up in that search:

Material Design Illustration Example 01

Material Design Illustration Example 02

Material Design Illustration Example 03

  • 1
    Welcome to Graphic Design Stack Exchange! Before deciding what's "legit" ("on topic", in the local Stack Exchange lingo), you may want to read the introductory tour and What topics can I ask here?. As was commented, there are some further guidelines for identification of styles and fonts.
    – Jongware
    Commented Dec 5, 2016 at 18:40
  • 4
    Hmm documentation says "This site is all about getting answers. It's not a discussion forum. There's no chit-chat." Looks like it can be a little harder than one would think to get a simple question answered.
    – John Drach
    Commented Dec 5, 2016 at 18:45
  • 1
    Or I should say the tour says
    – John Drach
    Commented Dec 5, 2016 at 18:46
  • 1
    I'm not really sure that this is material design, and if it is, it is pretty broad. Please see my other examples I've just added.
    – Jelle
    Commented Dec 6, 2016 at 8:21
  • I typed in "google material design illustration" goo.gl/kNXAoi
    – John Drach
    Commented Dec 6, 2016 at 14:34

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.