A lot of tech companies have a websites with the following UI features:

  • a homepage containing several discrete "slides" stacked vertically
  • you can scroll vertically through the slides
  • or, (in some cases) you can use the navigation bar at the top to jump to a specific slide

I'm interested in finding templates for this type of website. But, I don't know what to search for. Is there a name for web designs that have these features?

Here are a few examples of what I'm talking about:




http://tiffzhang.com/startup <--- anything from the startup website generator

  • I call them "trendy"
    – Scott
    Jul 3, 2015 at 4:49
  • What you describe in the title does not match what you describe in the question body... Sep 9, 2015 at 15:18

2 Answers 2


It is called one page website or single page website.

Sometimes this are enriched with things like "lazy load", which is loading aditional content when you scroll down, "fixed menus", and "smooth scroll".

  • 2
    AKA "really annoying" :)
    – DA01
    Jul 3, 2015 at 3:18
  • There is a website dedicated to them here: onepagelove.com
    – Daan
    Sep 9, 2015 at 14:46

I think its a single page website or 'pageless' designed website but you also hear people using the term parallax when describing similar websites. Parallax means the image behind moves separate to the front. You can read more about it here en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallax_scrolling

  • 2
    Parallax is an effect with backgrounds and planes, but it is not the fact that a page has different sections.
    – Rafael
    Jul 3, 2015 at 14:39

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.